AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Block AS

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jmontez
5294 Views, 10 Replies

Save Block AS

In the previous version of AutoCad Mechanical, I was able to creat a block and then by double clicking the block, I was able to modify the block.  When I would click the save block button I would be given the option to save the block as a different definitioin or keep it the same.  Now that I am using 2013, I do not have this option.  Any one have any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
michaelsu
in reply to: jmontez

Hello,

I believe you want to get into ref edit mode and save changes there when you should see Save References Edits dialog? Have you seen this dialog? I can still see this dialog in my AutoCAD Mechanical 2013.

What about you first use REFEDIT command to get into refedit mode and then type AMREFCLOSE there? Any luck?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 11
nathan.bennett
in reply to: michaelsu

When I double click on a block to edit it and then type AMREFCLOSE, while still in refedit, the dialog box that comes up is what used to come up after clicking on the button "Save Reference Edits" in previous versions.  Is there anyway to get this dialog box to open up like it has before in previous versions when clicking the save button?

Message 4 of 11
michaelsu
in reply to: nathan.bennett

Hello,

When you click "Save Changes" button in Edit Reference panel in the ribbon, it actually invokes AMREFCLOSE and then you will see Save Reference Edits dialog. Are you saying that you didn't see this dialog come up after click "Save Changes" button?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 11
nathan.bennett

You are correct michaelsu.

But i found a link on a German website that fixed the issue for me.

http://inventorfaq.blogspot.com/2012/09/autocad-mechanical-2013-kein-umbenennen.html

I had to convert the web page to english to understand it, but everything worked out great.

Message 6 of 11
Mark_Wigan

good find!

it seems the acad and acad mechanical buttons were messed up a bit for 2013 version.

it would be good if AD could fix it... ?

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 7 of 11
Mark_Wigan

... given that the solution mentioned is on a german website (although it still has good pictures included) i thought that i would briefly summarise, 

for those wishing to edit the default command behaviour, here is the workaround with a few quick english notes:

there are several ways to open the customise window, they will fire this command: _.QUICKCUI

then run a find for "block".

then when the window opens, expand the panel on the right.

then right down the bottom you will see two entries relating to this topic. if you click on one you will see the macro on the right side will refer to REFCLOSE, whereas the second one will refer to AMREFCLOSE.

just copy & paste the latter over the former and save.

after customising these things you may find that your workspace has been reset to default. if you do not wish to have to do it all again, then you should save your workspace as "your own workspace" prior to doing any edits in the customisation window.

after you carry out your edits, you can reinstate your own workspace.

at your earliest convenience, you should close autocad and restart it. (if you crash out then some of your customised settings may be lost & you may have to do it all over again).

best regards,
- Mark

Message 8 of 11
swapnil.joshi1

Mark,

Can we have this AMREFCLOSE option in Autocad English 2011.

Please help.

Swapnil

Message 9 of 11
Mark_Wigan

if you mean a vanilla version of autocad, then unfortunately the option will not work for you, unless you have autocad mechanical.

even if you edit the command, it will error "unknown command, amrefclose". (the "am" is meaning an acad mechanical command).

best regards,
- Mark

Message 10 of 11
swapnil.joshi1

Thanks Mark.

Message 11 of 11
JA4EK

BSAVEAS

To save block as – this command works only in Block Editor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost