AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative coordinates still don't work

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JohnG
274 Views, 2 Replies

Relative coordinates still don't work

I have had this problem with Acad Mechanical Powerpack in version 2000 and now still in 2004. If the coords variable is set to 2 for relative coordinates it does not read out on the status as relative. There are two cases in which this is a problem.

1) Say I start a line, just one end. I can cycle thru the coordinate modes with the F6 key until I get the relative, ex. "1.4013<45, 0.000" displayed in status line. As soon as I move the cursor is resets to absolute cordinates.

2) Say I start a line again, just one end down. I enter "<45" at the command line. The line will drag out along the angle specified without any problem. As soon as I left click to finish the line, the line will end where the cursor is and not along the specified angle.

This is not the case for all installations. My company uses several seats of this software and some have the problem, some don't. Both problems are a result of the problem with the relative coordinate system from what I have seen for myself and heard from many other users. This problem has existed for a long time, and until I found that it wasn't working some time ago after getting a newer macine, I didn't realize how useful that function is. If anyone has discovered a solution to this problem I would really appreciate hearing how to fix this.

Thanks,
John
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JohnG

I have seen the same problem and have not been able to isolate it to a SETVAR setting or LISP variable value. It DOES follow the user profile. I have found a procedure that seems to work in fixing the problem.
1) Save your current profile to an ARG file JUST IN CASE, then close all sessions of ACAD and ACADM
2) Make sure you have a desktop or startbar icon that will start ACAD with the profile above.
3) Create a new ACADM profile that works properly. Start with the as installed defaults. Don't worry about your menu setup or support files paths customizations, etc.
4)Shut down that session with the new profile.
5)Startup a new session with the new profile. Insure that it still works properly
6)Startup a second session with your original profile.
7)Check the second session for proper operation. It should work properly now.
8)Save an ARG file of your fixed profile.
9)Close the first session with the new profile.

If it breaks again, use the ARG file to fix it.

Good luck,
Brian.
bbusse@busse-sji.com
Message 3 of 3
JohnG
in reply to: JohnG

Thanks Brian, That worked out great!

John G.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost