AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refedit Fatal error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
perflye
209 Views, 5 Replies

Refedit Fatal error

Hi
I have several user which gets the following message several times a day when they use refedit:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x401dc000 Exception at 36011a33h

This means that their AutoCAD Mechanical closes without saving their work.
Please help me solve this problem
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: perflye

Which version of AcadM are you running? -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
perflye

HI
I am running AutoCAD Mechanical 6 Power Pack
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hmmm, that knocks out one possibility. In Mechanical 2004 there is a crash reporting tool which can be used to report these types of problems back to Autodesk. If you were on this release and had sent in a report I could look it up to see exactly where the crash happened and what might be causing it. Do you have a reproducible case where the crash happens? -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
perflye

Yes I have a drawing in wich the error have occured, but it is not a 100% reproducible case. The error occours when you use refedit on the block in the upper left corner of the drawing (reference name W22).
Message 6 of 6
tom.

Hi,
my colleagues and me have the same problem. It appears when we select the parts of the block we want to edit.
Sometimes ACADM (6) crashes directly to the desktop, sometimes we get a fatal error line ('Unhandled Access Violation Reading .......(numbers change from block to block) Exception at 36021373h').
After restarting ACADM we sometimes are able to use refedit on the block, sometimes not.
It's about 50% of all refedits, that a crash happens.
We'd be very glad about any help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost