AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Items Pin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
997 Views, 4 Replies

Recent Items Pin

I've been using the Recent Items Pin function for a couple of years, with no problems.  Recently, my pinned items will become unpinned, and then disappear.  There was a topic:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture/Pinning-quot-Recent-Documents-quot-in-main-menu/m...

That addressed the same idea.  However, in my case, I have been using this successfully for years, and now, at some point, the drawings will become unpinned and/or disappear.  It's NOT that they just roll off the screen- it's just that every few days, I'll go back to use a pinned drawing, and it will no longer be there.  I am 100% certain that I am not unpinning the drawing myself inadvertantly.  I am not making any changes to my system that I can think of- unless some other program or process is somehow removing my pins??  

I will try to monitor my use of files and loading of ACAD to see if I can find a common denominator...but it would be nice if anyone has any ideas.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
inchul.lee
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello vince,

The pinned files are displayed at the bottom of the list until you turn off the push pin button ( http://docs.autodesk.com/AMECH_PP/2014/ENU/index.html?url=files/GUID-CB0CCA6C-91EB-4E59-A036-3331D0E...

So, if you happen to have increased Number of Recently Used Files in Applications Options > Open and Save > Application Menu, it is possilbe that they are hidden below the scroll button. Please have a look at the attache screenshot.

Thank you.

Inchul Lee
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: inchul.lee

Well, after posting my message- it was working fine through Friday.  I shut off my computer, and this Monday morning, turned it on, loaded up ACad, and NO PINS!  I don't normal shut down the computer or ACad unless necessary (even weekends)- so hadn't noticed that might be the catalyst as to why this happens.  I will re-pin items today, and shut down to see if that indeed is what causes it.

If I assume at this point that closing AutoCad(or rebooting my computer) is resetting my pins- what do I do to remedy this?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

After confirming on multiple occasions- Whenever I shut down my computer, and reboot- when AutoCad loads again, all my Recent Item pins have disappeared.  This shouldn't be expected, correct?

Message 5 of 5
lostagain

Good troubleshooting. I'm having the same issue. This is a small issue but annoying nonetheless. My subscription price jumped last year. Autodesk could hire a few people to work on these small but annoying items which percolate throughout the program adversely affecting user experience.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost