AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish Batch Plot vs Print (Page Setup/plot Style)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Ryan.Irwin
14669 Views, 6 Replies

Publish Batch Plot vs Print (Page Setup/plot Style)

Hi all.

I am trying to batch plot (publish) 90+ pages.  I cannot seem to figure out how I print using the plot style I want. 

Normally I would just print page to page but since this is a large one, I want to batch print it.

When I print each layout page individually it prints the way I want it using the proper Plot Style.  (a form of Black & White with certain colours printings i.e company logo's).  Each page is set-up with this .ctb plot style and prints perfect when I do one page at a time.  However when I try to batch pot the entire file is printed in full colour.  The page's themselves are proper size and centered in the proper margins, it is only the plot style that i cannot figure out.  Much help is apperciated.

**EDIT** I am using 2015 Mechanical

"I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas." - Nedward "Daddio" Flanders

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
zalant
in reply to: Ryan.Irwin

The key to having all pages in a publish job processed uniformly is to apply a page setup. A few years back, I recorded a short, narrated video for a support case, in which I demonstrate how to apply a page setup to all the sheets in a publish job. Although I used AutoCAD 2010, the concept still applies. You can view the video by clicking here. Please post back here and let me know how this works out for you.

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 7
newbies

Untitled.png

How About this? Let me know if that's working or not.

Autodesk Inventor 2013.
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013.
Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2013.
Message 4 of 7
Ryan.Irwin
in reply to: newbies

I have tried with no results.  In paperspace I typed PAGESETUP and created a new Setup.  I chose the plot style I wanted and click PREVIEW.  The PREVIEW was exactly what I wanted. I exited, then I typed in PUBLISH.  I made sure the Layout with the PAGESETUP I just created was at the top of the list.  I highlighted all Layouts and Chose the New Setup.  I went to PREVIEW and it is not choosing the proper plotstyle even though I am in the right setup and the plot style is assigned to that setup. 

I have actually Printed and it Prints in all colour (so the PREVIEW is correct).  When I go Back and just print single pages, they print the way I want them too.Publish Issue.jpg

Message 5 of 7
newbies

Hye Ryan.Irwin.

Let's try it again...

1. After finish Figure 1,2 & 3 (As I post before), try to save this drawing file before proceed to publish.
2. Base on figure 4, before you add another drawing, make sure you already set the "Page Setup" to what you choose. Then Save first (refer to figure 4, save button located at top-left, next to sheet list.
3. Then, add another drawing in.
4. After another drawing added, select all then choose Sheet List (Top-Left) to saved file as where step 2 is.
5. Then Publish.

Let me know if that work or not. I haven't problem about this publish...or may be I explain to you not too details.

1.png

Autodesk Inventor 2013.
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013.
Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2013.
Message 6 of 7
Ryan.Irwin

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to Save the SHEET LIST then it worked.  Thank you so much time helping me on this +1

Message 7 of 7
n.ankiah

Very Helpful, Much Appreciated 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost