AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Pallet

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
caseyworksaver2006
346 Views, 4 Replies

Properties Pallet

Just started an account on here because I am curious if others are having similar issues.  We use Autocad Mechanical in our shop , and just downloaded to the 2014 version.  I am unable to figure out how to get the properties pallet on the home ribbon.  I use a 2014 version in my Autocad class and it has the properties pallet but when we did the download at our shop neither computer had the properties pallet which is much quicker than using the properties manager that you can bring up and take up way to much room on the side of the screen.  Just a little input would be nice. 

Thanks Casey@ Worksaver Inc.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Let's try this out:

Type CUI in the command line.

In the Customize tab, scroll through the All Customization files for Panels. Open Panels and scroll down until you find View - Palettes. From here, there are several ways to do this, but you should be able to drag and drop (or rt click Copy) the View - Palattes to the Home folder (located in the Tabs folder - which is located in the Ribbon folder). Click Apply and this should appear on your home tab.

Message 3 of 5

The view pallet pallet is not what I am trying to get on the home tab. It’s the Properties pallet that if you were to choose a line or object you can change line type , scale , size for that object or line. I don’t have a way to screen shot it or I would. Thanks for the response though. If you have any other ideas I am def. open to them.
Message 4 of 5

While you are in your HOME tab, go all the way to the right top of your workspace and right click in the empty gray area. This should open a menu list fly-out. Hover over the "Show Panels" bar and another fly-out will appear. Check the box for PROPERTIES.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 5 of 5

Quick way: select anything, right click, pick properties.

Warning on using it in Mechanical though: it negates a few of the Mechanical standardisation functionalities and can actually cause errors in dimensions because it is an "autocad" tool and mechanical stores some things which are in both apps differently. (amongst which the dimension tollerances etc)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost