AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with service pack 1 AM 5

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
182 Views, 3 Replies

Problems with service pack 1 AM 5

I have a problem when trying to run service pack 1 for Autocad Mechanical 5. When trying the installation aborts and a fault message tells me that "msiexec.exe" encounters a problem and needs to close. I am using XP Professional (service pack 2). I would be grateful for any inputs...

/Petri
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Petri, AutoCAD Mechanical 5 is probably not supported on XP SP2. Might be best to continue using it on the OS on which it was working. -Nilanjan (Autodesk) "Petri" wrote in message news:25125228.1100529621072.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have a problem when trying to run service pack 1 for Autocad Mechanical 5. When trying the installation aborts and a fault message tells me that "msiexec.exe" encounters a problem and needs to close. I am using XP Professional (service pack 2). I would be grateful for any inputs... > > /Petri
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

What do you mean 'probably'? Is it or is it not supported on XP SP2? And if not, when will it be? We are waiting to install it on a few laptops here. We have a network image install and it is not working with XP SP2. Thanks, Jim Shipley "Nilanjan (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:41ad68e4$1_1@newsprd01... > Petri, > AutoCAD Mechanical 5 is probably not supported on XP SP2. Might be best to > continue using it on the OS on which it was working. > > -Nilanjan (Autodesk) > > "Petri" wrote in message > news:25125228.1100529621072.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I have a problem when trying to run service pack 1 for Autocad Mechanical > 5. When trying the installation aborts and a fault message tells me that > "msiexec.exe" encounters a problem and needs to close. I am using XP > Professional (service pack 2). I would be grateful for any inputs... > > > > /Petri > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

There is very little likelihood there will ever be a message stating that ACM 5 is supported on XP SP2. It requires quite a bit of testing and to do so on every previous release would consume quite a bit of time. -- Thanks Scott Mollon ACADM/MDT Quality Assurance Autodesk, Inc. "Jim Shipley" wrote in message news:41adcd57$1_1@newsprd01... > What do you mean 'probably'? Is it or is it not supported on XP SP2? And > if not, when will it be? We are waiting to install it on a few laptops > here. We have a network image install and it is not working with XP SP2. > > Thanks, > Jim Shipley > > > "Nilanjan (Autodesk)" wrote in message > news:41ad68e4$1_1@newsprd01... > > Petri, > > AutoCAD Mechanical 5 is probably not supported on XP SP2. Might be best > to > > continue using it on the OS on which it was working. > > > > -Nilanjan (Autodesk) > > > > "Petri" wrote in message > > news:25125228.1100529621072.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > I have a problem when trying to run service pack 1 for Autocad > Mechanical > > 5. When trying the installation aborts and a fault message tells me that > > "msiexec.exe" encounters a problem and needs to close. I am using XP > > Professional (service pack 2). I would be grateful for any inputs... > > > > > > /Petri > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost