AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with assoc. hide & structure

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mooresk257
197 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with assoc. hide & structure

I'm having a couple of issues with the associated hide feature.

First, when creating a hide situation, and I select the hide style that does NOT show hidden lines, the lines do not hide, but turn gray. It doesn't matter if the objects are on the same, or different layers.

Second, how do I remove / delete a hide situation? I have tried to delete the hide situation from the AM Mech browser, but it is difficult to determine which hide situation is which. Also, after deleting the hide situation from the browser, the hide situation remains active in the drawing.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but there is little detail in the printed documentation supporting this feature.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mooresk257
in reply to: mooresk257

I should clarify that the lines sometimes turn gray, sometimes they hide properly, but I can not determine what condition is causing it to behave in one way or the other.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mooresk257

You have the hidden layer turned on, which is why the hidden lines are appearing. The hidden layer is also somtimes turned on temporarily during commands. You can name your hide situations to make them easier to locate. When you delete the hide, you need to move your mouse out of the browser before the screen refreshes. -- Rob McMillan Developer Mechanical Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc. "moores" wrote in message news:22345812.1086368905753.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I should clarify that the lines sometimes turn gray, sometimes they hide properly, but I can not determine what condition is causing it to behave in one way or the other.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost