AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probably a no brainer...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
395 Views, 3 Replies

Probably a no brainer...

Alright...  So I'm using Mechanincal 2012 and I am trying to change the line color of inserted content like threaded holes, coutner bores, etc...  I've tried a few different things with no success; I know there has to be something easy I'm missing here...  Any help would be greatly appreciated...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You may change content through options dialog box.

1. Command: options

2. Click AM:Standards tab

3. Double click ANSI or ISO or any Standard under "Standard elements"

a.png

4. Click Settings Button in the Standard Settings dialog

5. In the Object Properties settings dialog>>Select "Standard Parts" and change the color of objects as required.

b.png

7. Click OK twice to close the settings dialog boxes.

8. Insert a standard content and verify the issue.

Note: These settings are drawing specific, new drawing will have default settings out of the box.

To have these settings for every new drawing; open the appropriate template file (AM_ANSI.dwt or AM_ISO.dwt) make changes as per above steps.  New drawings created based on these templates will have the above custom settings.

Hope this helps and do let me know if you need further assistance with this issue.

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

Wow; I'm not sure I would have stumbled upon that one...  Certainly what my OCD was looking for though, ha!

Above and beyond the response I was hoping to get; I thank you. 

Message 4 of 4
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

You're welcome

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost