AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerdimensioning color and text defaults

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Stefanmaki
324 Views, 4 Replies

Powerdimensioning color and text defaults

Hi,

I have trouble with powerdimensioning defaults. I have altered the AM standard colors and textstyles in autocad mechanical 2012 via AM options to suit our company standards. I have made a dimension style called ISO-25 and through the dimension settings in options "use this dimensionstyle" and marked "Force power dimensions to use this dimension style". I works well after i have done this setting, but after I close the program and restart, it reverts back to the default AM values. How do I get our company deafults the be autocad  powerdimensioning defaults, and not have to every time do the settings??

Thanks for any advice!

Stefan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

Make all the changes (settings) in your template file (AM_ANSI or AM_Godwit file)  Creating new drawings based on this template will have all custom settings,

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 5

Hi and thanks for your answer!

Creating a drawing from a template with the settings made for the template works fine. But, I sort of would like to have the settings for older drawings also. Have a lot of older drawings that are still under construction. And also, when opening autocad mechanical, it opens up to a new dwg. This new dwg, allways contains the AM- default colors that are not according to our company defaults. I really have no idea from what file these settings are read. I have tried to make changes to a file called Am-iso.dwt without any success.  Any ideas on what to do? Or do I just learn to live with it?

Thanks,

Stefan

Message 4 of 5

Hi, Stefan

You may use AMSETUPDWG command to migrate all old settings to new settings based on your custom template.  Please refer help for more info on this command and do let me know if you need assistance.

writ to new drawing having default settings; are you creating new drawings based on the template you created?

Below are the steps:

1. Open AM_ISO template from the template folder

2. Make all necessary settings

3. Save the template

4. Command New>>Select AM_ISO template>>OK

5. Verify if all settings are retained as per step-2

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 5 of 5

Hi and thanks for your answer,

The AMSETUPDWG command did the trick on older drawings!Smiley Very Happy

Regarding new drawings: It is not created with the template i created. It is made autamatically by autocad when I start autocad. It´s like a "startup empty drawing" that still contains autcad defaults?!?

But basically what I need to do is, to close the "autodrawing" at startup, and allways create  a new drawing from a template.

So my guess is that customizations are allways stored in a drawing, never in the program itself?

Thanks! I think this solves my issues, just the small task of closing the default drawing and creating a new from template!

Stefan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost