AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinning AutoCAD 2011 to taskbar (also in AutoCAD 2011 discussion)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
flagmackem
320 Views, 3 Replies

Pinning AutoCAD 2011 to taskbar (also in AutoCAD 2011 discussion)

Hi guys, new poster here. I asked a question in the AutoCAD 2011 part of this forum and was told to replicate my question in here. Here it is (thanks in advance):

Hi sorry if it's been asked before, silly question, etc. 

Everytime I pin AutoCAD 2011 to my taskbar (using 64-bit, Windows 7), close the program then try to re-open, it opens as AutoCAD Mechanical 2011, not AutoCAD 2011. But a saved shortcut of AutoCAD 2011 on my desktop will open as AutoCAD 2011 and not the Mechanical version. I don't want to use the Mechanical version, just the normal AutoCAD. How can I pin this to the taskbar?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: flagmackem

Have you tried going to Start --> Program Files to find the NillaCAD and then pin that?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 4
flagmackem

Yep I've tried pinning from the start menu (won't let me pin AutoCAD 2011 from there but will let me pin AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 from there), tried pinning from Program Files but it will open as Mechanical..

Message 4 of 4
jonesie

I had the same problem.  If you go to the "Program Files" folder on your computer and follow it until you get to AutoCAD 2011 folder and you find the "acad" application icon.  Right click and it will have the pin to start menu option.  This one should open AutoCAD 2011 and not another version.  Mine was opening Civil 3D but now opens properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost