AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persisting mechanical structure in 2005

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
179 Views, 2 Replies

Persisting mechanical structure in 2005

Is there a way to make sure this happens without having to use the Save As command every time? On a related note: who's bright idea was it to set the default save format to something which whacks mechanical structure? And why is there no default option for saving to ACAD M 2005? -- There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't have to do a SAVEAS to retain structure. I have the open/save format set to AutoCAD 2004 dwg format and this works OK. If I reopen the drawing, the structure is still there. I agree with you that it is misleading, it should say "AutoCAD Mechanical 2005 .dwg". Jim "Frank Oquendo" wrote in message news:4194d003$1_1@newsprd01... > Is there a way to make sure this happens without having to use the Save > As command every time? > > On a related note: who's bright idea was it to set the default save > format to something which whacks mechanical structure? And why is there > no default option for saving to ACAD M 2005? > > -- > There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who > don't. > >
Message 3 of 3
nilanjan
in reply to: Anonymous

Frank,
Could you give the steps to reproduce the problem you are facing? It would be useful if you could post the file you are using.

You should not have to "Saveas" to preserve structure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost