AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodically disappearing crosshairs

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
CraigGorsuch
16322 Views, 10 Replies

Periodically disappearing crosshairs

I have a user whose crosshairs keep disappearing regardless of which drawing he is in.  He closes the DWG, reopens the same DWG and the crosshairs return for a while.

(XP Pro SP3, AMEP'11)

There is no consistentcy to which DWGs are affected, nor the amount of time editing the drawing.  I've verified his screen/crosshair colors (they don't change), I've updated his video card driver with no change.

This problem began last week and his software installation has not changed.

Anyone run into this and how to fix it?

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi Craig,

We have the same problem here. Our crosshair disappears when we add a welding symbol or geometry tolerance.
Tried the same you did, but nothing helped so far. Hope some has a solution for this soon.

Message 3 of 11
jalexy
in reply to: CraigGorsuch

I'm having the same problem. Every so often, I use the match properties command and once I click on the first object, the mouse starts moving very slowly. About hitting escape, about half of the time, my crosshairs disappear and then my AutoCAD screen goes black. I can still type a command; I can still click the mouse and select a point, I can still see my toolbars and command line; I can still see any pop-up windows (i.e. options, xref window, etc.); I can still navigate away from AutoCAD and run my computer normally, but I can't see anything in my AutoCAD window. I can even switch between model space and paper space, but I only get a black screen (it does, however, show a preview of the correct screen when I hover over the tabs). I've tried to redraw and regen all, but they don't work.

If I close the AutoCAD session and reopen it, it goes back to normal, but it's annoying to have to do that once or twice a day.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with AutoCAD 2010. I just got this computer, so there isn't a lot on it. Thanks to anyone who can help!

There's a similar thread going on here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010/Match-Properties-Error/m-p/2634821/highlight/false

Message 4 of 11
jalexy
in reply to: jalexy

I think I may have found the problem. After doing a plot preview, my screen went blank again but still had the capability to type in the command line. So I typed, "options" and went to the System tab, then Performance Settings, then Manual Tune, then I switched from my NVIDIA driver to the Autodesk one. I hit OK and my screen went back to normal.

So apparently it's the driver, at least for my situation. I have a NVIDIA Quadro FX 580  8.16.11.9166, which is supposed to be adequate for AutoCAD 2010. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, so maybe that conflicts somehow. Anyway, I found a temporary solution to the problem. Not sure what this Autodesk driver is, though. I don't know much about drivers.

Message 5 of 11
bchoi

Once in the 'Manual Tune' settings what do I select/click???

Message 6 of 11
jalexy
in reply to: bchoi

There should be a drop-down menu on the top left of the window. I had a NVIDIA driver selected. I switched it over to the Autodesk driver.

Message 7 of 11
bchoi

Jalexy I actually don't have that drop down menu...I also have a NVIDIA driver. But for some reason I don't have that menu in Manual Tune...please help.

Message 8 of 11
jalexy

I'm on vacation for the rest of the week. I'll try to look on Monday and get back to you.

Message 9 of 11
jkg188
in reply to: CraigGorsuch

This worked for me. Windows 7, ACAD 2010. I do not have the NVIDIA driver, in fact did not have hardware acceleration enabled. Enabled it and selected Autodesk driver and crosshair problem seems to have gone away.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 11
hortonsam2k

I have technicians with acad14 and acad15 and none show a manual tune within options/system/performance.  has anyone resolved this issue another way?

Message 11 of 11
agabrielabastidas

Try turning off snap mode

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost