AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part List

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
397 Views, 6 Replies

Part List

Hi. I've recently discovered how our company can use a part list (AMBOM & AMPARTLIST) to make our job easier. It seems to work great on new drawings created with our custom Parts List settings. However I haven't had much luck in adding one to older drawings. "Copy & Paste" reduces it to simple entities (lines & text). Is there a way to attach a part list to existing drawings without changing the part list options for each file? I'm using AutoCAD R2012.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

If you have part references in your old drawing, you may create a BOM/ Partlist.  Please let me know, what are you trying to copy/paste?

Do you have a custom partlist or part list settings that are customized?  Would it be possible to attach a sample old drawing and expected result?

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

Thanks for the response!

We haven't added part references to all our products yet. For now we are copying information from an external database and pasting it directly into an AMBOM, then creating an AMPARTLIST from that. It's a custom part list. I've attached an example of what I'd like all our new part lists to look like as well as a part list created in an older drawing. The columns are correct but the layers and layout aren't.

It appears that in order to get the part list to look how I want it, I have to change the settings in each drawing or copy each old drawing into a new template. Please let me know of any other options. Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I seem to be having some trouble attaching files. What's the best way for me to get these files to you? Thanks again.

Message 5 of 7
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Please send the drawings at sridharDOTsubramaniATautodeskDOTcom

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 6 of 7

Please follow below steps:

1. Open Test BOM.dwg 

2. Save the file as ANYNAME.dwt

3. Open a new drawing

4. Command amoptions: AM Standard tab>>Click Browse button under "Default standards template"

5. Select the dwt file saved in step 2 and close the drawing with or without saving.

6. Open OLD Drawing

Result: All part list settings are migrated from the template.  This way, whenever you open old drawings, the settings are migrated with no additional steps.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I wasn't able to get that method to work. Attached are some screenshots with the new template showing the settings along with an older drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost