AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlined text

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
falldown7standup8
1304 Views, 1 Reply

Outlined text

A co-worker has asked me to create a memorial piece for his deceased father. I have burned some letters out in the past on our plasma table, But I had to draw the letters in AutoCad because when I import text into ProNest 2010 it will just scribe a line for the text or burn a line instead of cutting out the letter. So the text has to be drawn in an outline-stencil style format to burn out on our table. I read through some other posts, But they were not much help. I have attatched a file that shows the memorial and text without any of the nature stuff added to it. Basically I need to duplicate these letters and make them 2D if that makes sense. My only other option is to use the TITL_BLK_ROMAND font and then trace around the letters and that will be very, very time consuming. Smiley Happy Thanks in advance for all of your help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi there,

If you have Express Tools installed, you can use TXTEXP.  If you don't, try WMFOUT > Create a new file and select the text, then WMFIN.  After inserting the text back into the drawing, you can explode it and trim/edit as required.  That should do it for you.

A quick Google search turned up this thread discussing these and a few other options: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=52982

Thanks,

Chris Miller

AutoCAD Test Development

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost