AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Osnap "Node" comes on during power dimensioning

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mkirkland
747 Views, 5 Replies

Osnap "Node" comes on during power dimensioning

I have set my Osnap default settings to Endpoint, Center, Intersection, and Quadrant. When using Power Dimensioning, the "Node" snap mode is activated, which I DO NOT want. When I check my OSNAP settings, "Node" is not activated. When I try to place another dimension, "Node" is activated again, and it tries to snap to the anchor for the last dimension placed. It does this in both Paper and model space.

I have the Osnap filters set to allow snapping to dimensions, because I need that at times (e.g., lining up dimensions).

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nicholasallen
in reply to: mkirkland

I have the same problem. I am still using all the default settings, so I know it's not something I've done.
I get round the problem by shift-right clicking to select the snap mode for that one point.
Message 3 of 6
cadallday

I am also having this problem not only whiile dimensioning but in other commands too. It makes osnap settings useless and very annoying. After rare cases where I use the 'nearest' snap, the nearest will take over for the node awhile, then node eventually comes back to haunt me.  Has there been any 'fix' for this?  (Using Mechanical 2010 in Windows 7)

Definitely appreciate any help on this! Thanks much.

Shelby

Message 4 of 6
acwtzwegers
in reply to: cadallday

Well in ACM 2012 on Windows 7 I haven't had any such trouble... it could be that it's version-bound?

Message 5 of 6
acwtzwegers

Hah! It is ever so funny when a thread comes back to haunt you...

I now have a user with exactly this issue... In AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 SP1 on Windows XP - so it is definitely not version bound.

What we have tried to do so far to fix/pinpoint it:

- Set up a Power Snap Configuration Setting (3), with just endpoint on.

- Select this Power Snap Configuration

- OSMODE check (comes back with <1>, which is what it should be)

- Check by right-click objectsnap icon (bottom right of the screen) > settings. Only Endpoint is checked.

- Powersnap filters have not been changed from default.

- 3D snap is off

Does anyone know any other sysvars, settings, etc that could be connected? 

Note: the snap icon that appears during powerdimensioning looks like the node snap (circle with an x through it), but perhaps it is something else?

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
cadallday
in reply to: acwtzwegers

Using the configuration settings worked! Thanks for the reply, been using configs for a couple weeks and haven't had the "node" return!

Sorry took so long to reply, was working in Inventor for awhile and needed to switch back to Autocad for some test driving. Thanks again for helping to dump this time wasting annoyance!!

Cadallday

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost