AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
jpblower
Message 1 of 4 (133 Views)

Orientation of object changes when using xref "copy to working set"

133 Views, 3 Replies
02-17-2012 07:39 AM

For some reason when I use copy to working set while editing an xref the orientation of the object goes haywire.  When I add the object, no problems.  I have to repeat this process roughly 400 times.  I either have to have an object copied 400x to add to each reference over and over again or I have to align each object after I add it to the xref.  It's enough of a pain to have to copy this to the xref but I've got a method that might speed things up which I can't use if I have to keep reorienting the objects. 

I'm using ACAD Mechanical 2011.

Product Support
VinodBalasubramanian
Message 2 of 4 (119 Views)

Re: Orientation of object changes when using xref "copy to working set&quot

02-19-2012 06:42 PM in reply to: jpblower

Hi,

Can you share with us your drawing file and the exact steps to reproduce the problem. I will have a look into it as soon as i have them from you.

Vinod Balasubramanian
Distinguished Contributor
jpblower
Message 3 of 4 (114 Views)

02-20-2012 09:16 AM in reply to: jpblower

I can't send the actual files but I'll see if I can send something representative that consistently gives me the same problems.  I thought it might be a ucs problem but I get the same results when I align and set to world.  

Product Support
VinodBalasubramanian
Message 4 of 4 (104 Views)

02-21-2012 05:58 PM in reply to: jpblower

Are you looking for something similar to the one below,

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2000-2000i-2002-Archive/Copying-objects-to-quot-REFEDIT-quot-w...

Vinod Balasubramanian
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.