AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orientation of object changes when using xref "copy to working set"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jpblower
301 Views, 3 Replies

Orientation of object changes when using xref "copy to working set"

For some reason when I use copy to working set while editing an xref the orientation of the object goes haywire.  When I add the object, no problems.  I have to repeat this process roughly 400 times.  I either have to have an object copied 400x to add to each reference over and over again or I have to align each object after I add it to the xref.  It's enough of a pain to have to copy this to the xref but I've got a method that might speed things up which I can't use if I have to keep reorienting the objects. 

I'm using ACAD Mechanical 2011.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Can you share with us your drawing file and the exact steps to reproduce the problem. I will have a look into it as soon as i have them from you.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 4
jpblower
in reply to: jpblower

I can't send the actual files but I'll see if I can send something representative that consistently gives me the same problems.  I thought it might be a ucs problem but I get the same results when I align and set to world.  

Message 4 of 4

Are you looking for something similar to the one below,

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2000-2000i-2002-Archive/Copying-objects-to-quot-REFEDIT-quot-w...

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost