AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to visual see trim/extend or match properties. Why?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
gibbs
274 Views, 12 Replies

Not able to visual see trim/extend or match properties. Why?

Installed and running ACADM 2004 dx for the first time today. Trying out some basic commands and have noticed that when I want to trim/extend or match properties, I am not able to see what I've done till the command is finished. Why is this happening? At first I tried to update the driver for my graphics card but it didn't help. I know this was a problem in 2004 with match properties but i don't use that command much, but i use trim/extend constantly. Any help would be great.

Gibbs
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: gibbs

I haven't run into the problem with trim/extend. I do see it with the match properties command, but not all the time. I usually just exit out of autocad and start over. Have you downloaded and installed service pack 2?
Message 3 of 13
gibbs

downloaded sp2, clicked to execute the command and a window pops up that says program not found on pc. i don't understand why you would need a service pack right away when a new version (dx) just came out. wouldn't the problems that the service packs take care of be addressed in the new version?
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

To the best of my knowledge, DX doesn't have any Service Packs yet, as it just hit the market. They recently released SP2 for ACADM2K4, though.

The trim/extend issue is not fixed on ACADM2K4, not even with SP2.

Al
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

I'm having the same problem with the trim command and we have just upgraded to AutoCAD Mech DX 2004. Notice no one has responded to this issue since Nov. 2003. I was just wondering if anyone has come up with any fixes to this problem.

Shawn
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

I would be interested in a fix as well.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

DX SP1 was released a few weeks ago. I ran a quick test in DX (I have not converted completely) and the live extend/trim seems to work.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

I belive I am having the same or similar problem. The only exception is that the trim/extend functions properly until I insert an object from "Power Pack". Then I loose the ability to see the trim/extend until I exit the command. I just installed service pack 3 and the problem still exists.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Just noticed something else... The problem happens after inserting an item from power pack with AM:Structure Enabled.
But once Enabled-Structure is turned on you can't turn it off? or can you?
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Once structure is enabled you cannot turn it off.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Quick fix
In your base template you need to change the options in AM:Structure, uncheck the enable structure option. Once you do this the problem seems to go away when you insert structural componets. But you also loose the ability to use the support for structures. I will continue to operate AutoCAD this way and will post any issue's that may arise.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

I've had Structure enabled and disabled, it didn't seem to make a difference. I also have all the SP's installed - same result. Then I heard: you screwed up your system by installing 2004 DX over 2004 and not uninstalling 2004 first and to use AutoCADs Regedit. However, that gives me an error message and I can't use it. Now it is: ----- reinstall every thing including XP. I am still chewing on that one.
Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

Installed 2005 Mechanical and have the same problem. I can say, it seems to be file specific. The original file was fine until elements drawn in older versions were copied and pasted. If I open a new file snap and trim work correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost