AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

mikeFromTexas
Message 1 of 4 (124 Views)

Network log file - How to configure

124 Views, 3 Replies
10-01-2013 11:50 AM

Forgive me if this question has been posted, I seem to be having issues performing searches of past posts.

I'm tryiing to put together a deployment of AutoCAD Mechanical 2013. I have the create network log file option checked and pointed to a network share. During my test installs the file is written and all seems to work correctly. The issue I have is that the log data is encoded, by that I mean it is not readable text. We have a current deployment of AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 and it's network log is readable text. I don't see any options for configuring the log output. Is there some sort of configuration file or something that I need to modify?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Product Support
asburyj
Message 2 of 4 (107 Views)

Re: Network log file - How to configure

10-02-2013 03:38 PM in reply to: mikeFromTexas

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum. I have never seen the deployment log be anything but plain text. It should contain a line for each install action the deployment takes. Can you attach a copy of your log so we can see what you are getting? 

Jeffry Asbury
mikeFromTexas
Message 3 of 4 (98 Views)

10-03-2013 08:25 AM in reply to: asburyj

Well, this is embarrasing. It turns out the file was fine. It was a setting with my text editor. Opening the file in Notepad presents readable output.

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 4 of 4 (95 Views)

10-03-2013 11:07 AM in reply to: mikeFromTexas

Probably UTF-8 vs. ASCII formatting.  It happens :smileyhappy:

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.