AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network log file - How to configure

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mikeFromTexas
354 Views, 3 Replies

Network log file - How to configure

Forgive me if this question has been posted, I seem to be having issues performing searches of past posts.

I'm tryiing to put together a deployment of AutoCAD Mechanical 2013. I have the create network log file option checked and pointed to a network share. During my test installs the file is written and all seems to work correctly. The issue I have is that the log data is encoded, by that I mean it is not readable text. We have a current deployment of AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 and it's network log is readable text. I don't see any options for configuring the log output. Is there some sort of configuration file or something that I need to modify?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: mikeFromTexas

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum. I have never seen the deployment log be anything but plain text. It should contain a line for each install action the deployment takes. Can you attach a copy of your log so we can see what you are getting? 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 4
mikeFromTexas
in reply to: asburyj

Well, this is embarrasing. It turns out the file was fine. It was a setting with my text editor. Opening the file in Notepad presents readable output.

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: mikeFromTexas

Probably UTF-8 vs. ASCII formatting.  It happens 🙂

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost