AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needle in a haystack,finding ACMPARTREF node

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jeffsteiger6735
622 Views, 6 Replies

Needle in a haystack,finding ACMPARTREF node

Does anyone know if there is a quick method of finding an individual ACMPARTREF node when you have several hundred splattered across a drawing?

Inventor Professional 2020
HP Z440, Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.6GHz
32GB Ram
GTX 1080
Windows 10
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

By having them associatively linked to objects? Find the object... find the node?
Message 3 of 7
Jon.Dean
in reply to: jeffsteiger6735

One option is to open the BOM and right click on any of the items and select "Highlight" or "Zoom To".

Zoom_2_PartRef.png

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 4 of 7
acwtzwegers
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Good hint! (although it requires only 1 instance (Qty) of the same partref to accomplish what Jeff seems to look for?).
Message 5 of 7
jeffsteiger6735

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Your method looks like it would work for what I'd like to do, but I only get the  right click option of zoom and highlight to show up when I hover over the "main" in the BOM list, and its grayed out. Right clicking in the parts list window of the BOM doesn't give me that option.Screen Shot 12-08-14 at 08.29 AM.PNG

32GB Ram
GTX 1080
Windows 10
Message 6 of 7
Jon.Dean
in reply to: jeffsteiger6735

Sorry you are not seeing the same view. I have tried to reproduce but nothing I do change my right click, I always have to "Zoom to" option, even in a viewport. I wonder if somebody else can reproduce?

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 7 of 7
jeffsteiger6735

This issue has been addressed now with the 2015 release. There is a new icon in the parts list that will zoom you right in to the node in question.

32GB Ram
GTX 1080
Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost