AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
scharfpatrick
263 Views, 3 Replies

Moving issues

I have been having issues with trying to move lines that are part of a structure, but not grouped with the structure, without the structure stretching. In other words, I can construct a rectangle with four separate lines, then attempt to move one of the lines and it stretches the two perpendicular lines as though it were grouped or I was using the stretch tool, even though I am using move.   I never had issues like this with previous versions so I'm wondering if I have a setting screwed up somewhere or what is going on. 

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

By grouped, do you mean constrained? If the lines aren't constrained and it's stretching have you tried exploding the drawing? Upload the .dwg and I'll take a look.

in reply to: scharfpatrick

In options/structure there is a setting for top down or bottom up. Top down will treat the structure as a unit. Bottom up will treat all objects of the structure as individual entities.

I would never suggest exploding smart structure objects. That defeats the purpose of Mechanical structures.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 4 of 4
Jacob_Butler
in reply to: steve216586

I agree with this, my bad for reading the post so quickly. I jumped to a conclusion that it was a simple drawing, all I saw was "drawing a rectangle", not a structure. Long night Smiley Indifferent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost