AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating CUI From AutoCAD Mechanical to Standard AutoCAD

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jameyaucoin2658
792 Views, 4 Replies

Migrating CUI From AutoCAD Mechanical to Standard AutoCAD

I recently upgraded to AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 and have my CUI set up.  My dimensions do some weird things because of Mechanical Standards.  I only really need to use Standard AutoCAD 2013 to perform my work.  When I try to use the same CUI as I did in Mechanical I get the following error message.Error Message.JPG

Now I can't even start standard AutoCAD because the message never goes away.  How can I migrate my settings from Mechanical to Standard AutoCAD?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michaelsu
in reply to: jameyaucoin2658

Hi,

Can you try it after Reset Settings to Default by Start button ->All Programs->Autodesk->AutoCAD Mechanical ?

Also, just wonder whether you have installed 2002 version of AutoCAD. If so, please try it after uninstall it. We have a known issue with 2002 side by side.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 5
jameyaucoin2658
in reply to: michaelsu

When I go to reset settings, it appears that the settings in AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 and AutoCAD 2013 will both reset. Can I reset AutoCAD 2013 and leave AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 alone? I do not have version 2002 installed on this computer. Click here to learn more about Turner Industries. Privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee (or authorized to deliver this message to the addressee), please destroy this message and notify the sender by reply email. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to official business of Turner Industries Group, L.L.C. or its subsidiaries (collectively "Turner") shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by Turner.
Message 4 of 5

I apologize for the extra wording at the end of my reply e-mail.  In the future, I will log in to the discussion and post my replies directly.

Message 5 of 5
michaelsu
in reply to: jameyaucoin2658

Hi,

Now you cannot reset settings for one product only. Through Reset Settings, you have a option Backup and reset custom setting. so you can first backup your custom setting in autocad mechanical and then reset it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost