AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical screws up vanilla

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pathaworth4750
536 Views, 5 Replies

Mechanical screws up vanilla

So I run Mechanical then close it.

Then start Vanilla Autocad and all my lisp files I have set to autoload do not load.

I have to go back and manually load them.

I have also lost all the express tools. the menus for expresstools are there just get the unknown command error.
So I will have to reload Expresstools.

I'm getting to the point of not using Mechanical as much since it keeps hosing my Autocad menus.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Idea #1 -- to go into Mechanical and set its profile to Vanilla, is not the same as going to your Start menu -- > Program Files --> AutoCAD Mechanical and finding the separate AutoCAD launch button, which launches strictly AutoCAD without the vertical add-on.

Idea #2 -- Are your workspaces set to save automatically?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 6

thanks for responding

profiles does not really help

workspaces are not set to save automatically

Message 4 of 6

Well what I was suggesting was that you start AutoCAD from the Start menu and cutomize that, instead of starting Mechanical and switching to the "vanilla" profile.

Secondly, I asked if you had your workspaces set to save, to which you replied no. if you wish to keep your workspace setup, then you must set it to save, or else it will discard your changes upon exit.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 5 of 6

Well I guess I need to clarify...

I am starting Autocad from its own icon, and running it.(not switching to it from within Mechanical)

So I close down Autocad.

I run Mechanical from its own icon.

I close down Mechanical.

The next time I run Autocad I have lost all the Expresstools, lost all the lisp files I have in the startup suite, along with any customizations I have done to the file open dialog box.

Why is Mechanical affecting the settings in the seperatly run Autocad?

Message 6 of 6

I don't know but you did say you didn't have it set to save your workspace. Just from that you'll lose your customization. Go to the gear symbol and choose Workspace Settings. Select Automatically save workspace changes, then click OK. I am assumng you have a custom workspace already saved under a different name than one of the stock ones?

I run both in 2013 format (previously 2011), and I am not having any issues, but that doesn't help you sorry. I am hoping someone else has some ideas...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost