AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical Desktop 3D Fastener Library

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
CliffWestfall8762
2270 Views, 3 Replies

Mechanical Desktop 3D Fastener Library

Remember back to Mechanical Desktop 6 you had a 3D Library of fasteners?  Now the latest AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 and 2011 only gives you 2D.

They tell me that IF I had an old copy of Mechanical Desktop 6, that I could Import the 3D library.  You guessed it.. I JUST tossed my CD with it on it.  (never listen to your wife and toss things you will never use...lol J/K)

SO My question is... Does anyone know where I can get a copy or could someone send it to me???

Thanks in advance,

Cliff

my2m8ogt@yahoo.com

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mike--
in reply to: CliffWestfall8762

only mechanical desktop have fasteners in 3D.

Message 3 of 4

So true!! I had the old version in a job I had a while back and it had everything I could possibly use to design in 3D and 2D. Then, I could even import those drawings to Inventor and create an assembly of it! Now, the new Mechanical desktop sucks! Way to go Autodesk! Way to screw up something so awesome that you had going with this new crap. Basically, the new Mechanical Desktop is just another regular Autocad with a bolt library. I believe I may still have the original installation disks of the old Mechanical Desktop. The one I fell in love with!!!!! I will look for them and let you know. I hope Autodesk reads this and has a change of heart. they really screwed things up with this! They obviously do not know the value of having the old Mechanical Desktop combined with the new Inventor! They were the first ones to offer the full package! Not even Solid Works had the full package when I started using Mechanical Desktop! You had to buy everything separately! I actually had it out with a Solid Works vendor at the time because he wanted to sell me Solid Works and I told him Mechanical was better and went on to list all the cool features. To his amazement, he told me: "Mechanical Desktop does that too!!!". Well, it used to! I hope Autodesk is reading this!!!

Message 4 of 4
Rob67ert
in reply to: jvenegas1973

Hi,
You answer on a message that is almost 8 years old. In that time Autodesk has stopt the Mechanical Desktop software (yes I loved it). But they now have Inventor.
You are speaking about the new Mechanical Desktop, but I guess you mean AutoCAD Mechanical. That are 2 complete different things.
Robert

If you find this reply helpful ? It would be nice if you use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost