AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical 2012 - Single server won't server license

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
dwestcott
982 Views, 13 Replies

Mechanical 2012 - Single server won't server license

LMTools v11.9.0.0 Build 87342 x64_n6 - shows correct server name but ffffffff for the ethernet.

I did the ipconfig and pulled the MAC for license file D48564458F9C

Placed the license file on the server, pointed LMTools at it

LICPATH.LIC file on the Client has server name followed by zeros

Obviously a MAC disconnect

The server has teamed nic cards, rumor has it this version of LMTools will not handle this.

Where to do I go from here so I can get autocad Mech out to my users?

Thank you

Dan Westcott

International Automotive Components

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: dwestcott

Teamed NICs do cause an ffffffffffff problem.  However, so long as your .LIC file matches your physical NIC address then your status enquiry should show available licenses.  The client will connect via hostname resolution to IPv4. 

If your NLM is running properly then you shouldn't have a problem.

For faster responses concerning Autodesk licensing issues, please post your questions in the Installation and Network Licensing user forum here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 14
dwestcott
in reply to: TravisNave

Sorry not good a reading between the lines.

Do I just edit the .lic file and put in the mac address given by ipconfig (or enter the fff.. to match the NLM )??

(I did not see the install.. as a choice on the group to post to on the dis grps page - did I miss it)

Thank you

Message 4 of 14
TravisNave

No you can't edit the LIC, it will invalidate it. Does the MAC listed in the file not match either of the physical addresses on the teamed NICs? If not, you'll need a new one from Autodesk.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 14
dwestcott

I did the ipconfig and pulled the MAC for license file D48564458F9C - Teamed nic but this is what ipconfig gave me

I used this MAC to get the license file from autodesk and that mac is in the license file

I pointed LMtools at the license file given to me by autodesk but it lists ffffff

LMTools v11.9.0.0 Build 87342 x64_n6 - shows correct server name but ffffffff for the ethernet.

Using the deployment that was built I installed the Autodesk on a client PC.  The

LICPATH.LIC file on the Client has server name followed by zeros, fffff nor D485644.... is in the client file,

3 places for the mac to show up and 3 different values.   Did the IPCONFIG give me a bogus nic or is LMtools messed up since the deployment LICPATH.LIC is wrong

Message 6 of 14
TravisNave

Your LICPATH.LIC behavior is normal. It'll only have the hostname and all zeroes, so don't worry about that. The LMTOOLS showing a MAC of all f's is also a side effect of teamed NICs. It's just a visual representation of information but should affect how your NLM works. So long as your .LIC file has a MAC that matches the physical one listed in IPCONFIG, your NLM should work. When you perform a status enquiry, do you see your licenses?

Note that if your NLM is on Vista/7 or Server 2008, there might be an IPv6 issue if you're experiencing problems. I adress that in another post provided in my signature line.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 14
TravisNave

I apologize for the spelling errors and mistakes, but I am using mobile to access this while driving to Chicago. Above I meant to state that the MAC of f's *shouldn't* affect your NLM. LMTOOLS just doesn't know how to get the physical MACs from the teamed connection and displays f's instead. The inner workings shoulkd still behave properly though.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 14
dwestcott

The license display is not correct  I did a reread and checked the log this is the result

10:24:50 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemon at port 2080
10:24:50 (lmgrd) Using vendor daemon port 2080 specified in license file
10:24:50 (lmgrd) Reread: Started adskflex (pid 2372)10:24:50 (lmgrd) Done rereading
10:28:22 (lmgrd) Please correct problem and restart daemons
AMECH_PP_2005_0F
10:24:50 (adskflex) 47400ACAD_E_2005_0F
10:24:50 (adskflex) Wrong hostid on SERVER line for license file:
10:24:50 (adskflex)  F:\Apps\Autodesk\NLM\License\AMECH_PP2005usohhur-fp01.lic
10:24:50 (adskflex) SERVER line says 000802ceb062, hostid is d48564458f9c
10:24:50 (adskflex) Invalid hostid on SERVER line
10:24:50 (adskflex) Disabling 2 licenses from feature 46900AMECH_PP_2005_0F(12D4 C08B F4E1 AF68 )
10:24:50 (adskflex) Disabling 1 license from feature 47400ACAD_E_2005_0F(17C2 F58D FEF5 604C )
10:28:07 (adskflex) No valid hostids, exiting

These are the old licenses on the from the old server - It is like LMtools is pointed to the new license file, but the FlexLm service running is still finding (or trying to find) the old license files.  How do i get the service and LMtools in sync?  Why is it stll looking at the old license files - very confused here - what can I reinstall to fix or what files do I delete ?

Message 9 of 14
TravisNave

On the first tab of LMTOOLS check the ignore variables box. Then on the config services tab point the path to the license file to your new .LIC with the d48564458f9c MAC. Make sure both boxes are checked at the bottom then click save service. Once saved, stop the service and then start it. If successful, post another status enquiry.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 14
dwestcott

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Thu 8/4/2011 14:13

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@USOHHUR-FP01
    License file(s) on USOHHUR-FP01: F:\Apps\Autodesk\NLM\License\AMECH_PP2005usohhur-fp01.lic:

USOHHUR-FP01: license server UP v9.2

Vendor daemon status (on usohhur-fp01):

adskflex: UP v9.2
Feature usage info:

Users of 46900AMECH_PP_2005_0F:  (Error: 2 licenses, unsupported by licensed server)

Users of 47400ACAD_E_2005_0F:  (Error: 1 licenses, unsupported by licensed server)

Yet at the bottom the bottom it says

Message 11 of 14
dwestcott

My last post was chopped

Yet at the bottom of the status inquiry it says using license file F://///amech-pp2012enlicense.lic ??  Why is it stll insisting on the 2005 licenses?  When I stopped the server, the status line said - Stopping server - it never came back with stopped successfully, but when I clicked on the start it did come back started successfully.

Message 12 of 14
TravisNave

Do you have more than one service configured?

Do this. Stop the service again. "Stopping" means it is stopped. It's just bad programming. Go to the config services tab and remove the service. Confirm deletion. Now you should have no configured services in LMTOOLS.

Reconfigure your NLM. Point to all the lmgrd, your new 2012 file, and a debug. Save it ans start it.

Keep in mind your vendor version is reading 9.2. You either need to upgrade the NLM files or you have two versions installed. In either case, use the 11.9 version.

Perform another status enquiry.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 14
dwestcott

ding ding ding, we have a winner.  Thank you - i was running the new lmtools but pointing to the old lmgrd version.  deleted and readded the service and wonder of all wonders, it served up a license.

Your help was greatly appreciated.  Have a great day,  I know mine just got better!

Do I have to close this thing or something, or does it just wither away?

Message 14 of 14
TravisNave

My pleasure! Glad you are working. So long as you had checked both boxes at the bottom of config services before you started it, you can close LMTOOLS. You're all set.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost