AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical 2011 crashes during wblock

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tcharbonneau
1906 Views, 3 Replies

Mechanical 2011 crashes during wblock

We regularly use wblock to create very simple dxf files for our burn table to use.  They are nothing but a handful of lines, circles, and arcs.  Usually it works fine but sometimes here is what happens.  I go through the steps, select the geometry, select the basepoint, specify the filename and location.  Then it shows the little preview window and hangs there for maybe 5 seconds, then reports a fatal error and shuts down.  It is always the exact same error message, same hex number too.

Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 10e00cfh

Another thing is that it actually does create the dxf file, because when I check it later it is fine.  It just crashes Autocad in the process.

Then I restart the program, get back to where I was, recreate what I lost, and then it will usually work fine.  Then sometimes it will do it again a few wblocks later.  Or it might be fine all day.

I am using XP SP3.  Nothing has been changed except installing Mechanical 2011, and I never had this problem with Mechanical 2006 on the same machine.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Did you install both Update 1 and 2. We had some issues fixed on blocks in one of the service packs. You can download them from the link below,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15695816&linkID=9242019

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17125406&linkID=9242019

Hope it helps. Let me know, if the issue persists. Also, if you can submit a crash report, please do so and provide us the email address you have used.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 4

My Autocad was installed with SP1, and I installed SP2 many months ago.  I have not noticed any change with SP2.  But when I go to About Autocad, it says I have version 3, and it said version 2 before installing SP2.

I have also submitted many crash reports.  The email address I used is the same as in my profile.

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I could able to see your error reports. However i couldn't find out what is causing this crash. Can you try testing the WBLOCK command in diagnostic mode of AutoCAD,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6453117&linkID=9240617

If the issue persists, please create a new user account with admin rights and test whether you could do a wblock successfully. If it goes well, then this could be a profile corruption issue in AutoCAD Mechanical.

Looking forward to your updates.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost