AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mech 13 Recovery & Loss of Mechanical Data

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
steve0525
2904 Views, 11 Replies

Mech 13 Recovery & Loss of Mechanical Data

As I try to open a drawing that was originated in Mech 2012 but had already been opened and edited in 2013 the file says it needs to be recovered and when you do it looses ALL MECHANICAL information so it may as well have been Autocad LT or Rel 14. I feel like a BETA user again.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
michaelsu
in reply to: steve0525

Hi,

Can you provide more information to investigate this issue?

If it happened to some particular drawing, a sample file is appreciated. If it's reproducible from scratch, please share your steps.

I am also wondering whether the drawing has been ever saved as AutoCAD dwg format during the operation in AutoCAD Mechanical or AutoCAD.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 12
steve0525
in reply to: michaelsu

Hey Michael,

This has occurred on the 2 original stations installed. Now it has occurred on a Mechanical 2012 that was completed in Mechanical 2013 and now on drawings that were originated in Mechanical 2013. I personally do not use the "Mechanical parts" but use mechanical part reference or it is included in the part I insert. If you allow it to Recover drawing it will omit all mechanical references as if it were just an AutoCad drawing. However the other station said he backsaved to open in 2012 and it "shows" the BM and mark but if you try to edit them it says Created by incompatible version. I save my drawing and the save as (2012) on my cruiser just in case so I do not loose my data. You can usually open that one fine but I can always use in in 2012 as long as I DO NOT let it recover the drawing. After reading several posts I thought maybe it was my Template File but the other user has a different template. The third user has not had the issue as yet. I hope this book (laffs) explains enough, If you need any more specifics please feel free to email me. Sorry for the LONG post.

Steve

Message 4 of 12
cbogdan

Has there been any resolution to this problem?  I am currently having the same issues with loss of mechanical data after an automatic recover upon file open.

Message 5 of 12
Ahatz

Steve

I am having the exact same issue, did you ever get any type of resolution for this?

Thanks

Alex

Autodesk...I have a couple of files that show this behavior if you want them.

Message 6 of 12
steve0525
in reply to: Ahatz

Based on other Discussions I had read on other topics I have only been using the Default Profile and the PROBLEM has not happened. NEVER let your file be recovered or you loose the Mechanical Data. Several problems I read on other Forums they mentioned the User Profile being corrupt so if you use a custom profile I would start with the default Profile and build it from there. I have left the default alone. I know this is of no help but wanted to reply. I was saving the file and then saving in Mechanical 2012 just in case.

Message 7 of 12
cbogdan

Thanks for the input.  I don't use a custom profile, only the default, so I don't think that is where my problem is originating.  This is quite a frustrating problem, sometimes destroying hours of work with no way to get it back.

Message 8 of 12
Ahatz

Thanks Steve..Appreciate the response

Message 9 of 12
steve0525

I agree. I WILL NOT be removing 2012 until I am totally sure the problems is resolved. EVERY machine we have that is using 2013 has had that problem at least once. I try and maintain a backup copy and for the longest time I kept a copy saved in 2012 so all mechanical data was safe and secure. This originally happened only on files brought in from 2012 but has happened to a file originated in 2013. Sorry I had no solution.

Message 10 of 12
michaelsu
in reply to: Ahatz

Hi Alex,

Could you please share the drawings which you have this problem for further look? If you can replicate this issue from scratch, please also share your steps.

When you save the drawing in AutoCAD Mechancial, which drawing format do you save, eg AutoCAD 2010 dwg format or AutoCAD Mechancial 2012 dwg?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 11 of 12
Ahatz
in reply to: michaelsu

Hi Michael,

Yes I can share, could you email me directly? alexh at adraft dot com?

We are a Autodesk VAR, and I'd rather keep the files confidential, they are a customers.

I'll send when you contact me.

Thanks

Alex

Message 12 of 12
Ebrahim60

Ihave the same problem with AutoCAD Mechanical 2014, when I try to open files in another computer, it asks for recovery, even the thumbinail is ok shown, when recovered it iooses all the mechanical parts such as Holes, and properties such as part components that made at that machine???? oquierd kinda...

I ususaly set the save to be as 2010 version, is this a problem????

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost