AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McadComponentView

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
149 Views, 2 Replies

McadComponentView

How to get the existing the ComponentView for example ' Create assembly the comp view def & instance assyMgr.AddNewComponentViewDefinition Assy1, addViews, matrix, mAssyViewDef, mAssyView, , , "Cross Section" But what i need to do when the view is existing how to get it set to..? Thanks,
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The mechanical structure API is geared towards migration, not building an interactive application. We would need utility interfaces for picking mechanical structure objects so you can get back a McadComponentView based on a pick. This is something we have a strong desire to add in the future. I would be interested in hearing about what kinds of things you want to do with the API, it will help us focus on the best areas to enhance for the future. -- Rob McMillan Developer Mechanical Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc. "Humberto Guerrero Obando" wrote in message news:40c5b5a4$1_3@newsprd01... > How to get the existing the ComponentView > for example > ' Create assembly the comp view def & instance > assyMgr.AddNewComponentViewDefinition Assy1, addViews, matrix, mAssyViewDef, > mAssyView, , , "Cross Section" > > But what i need to do when the view is existing how to get it > set to..? > > Thanks, > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Rob, I will Create as list of things what i want to do with the API Humberto "Robert McMillan (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:40c633aa$1_2@newsprd01... > The mechanical structure API is geared towards migration, not building an > interactive application. We would need utility interfaces for picking > mechanical structure objects so you can get back a McadComponentView based > on a pick. This is something we have a strong desire to add in the future. I > would be interested in hearing about what kinds of things you want to do > with the API, it will help us focus on the best areas to enhance for the > future. > > -- > Rob McMillan > Developer > Mechanical Solutions Division > Autodesk, Inc. > > > "Humberto Guerrero Obando" wrote in message > news:40c5b5a4$1_3@newsprd01... > > How to get the existing the ComponentView > > for example > > ' Create assembly the comp view def & instance > > assyMgr.AddNewComponentViewDefinition Assy1, addViews, matrix, > mAssyViewDef, > > mAssyView, , , "Cross Section" > > > > But what i need to do when the view is existing how to get it > > set to..? > > > > Thanks, > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost