AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader, Polylines fillets

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lt101
1030 Views, 1 Reply

Leader, Polylines fillets

I have Autocad Mechanical 2011. I'm coming from AutocadLT 2008. The functions: leaders, polylines, fillets do not work as easily and smoothly in AM2011 as in LT2008. It used to be very simple to use an manipulate leaders in LT2008. Now i can't figure out how to make my text the same size as my dimensions. Properties seems useless for that. Polylines seems to have a mind of it's own. Sometimes it offers up the precision factor but mostly not. Sometimes it turns a normal line into many tiny line segments. I cant fillet a string of corners with a radius value consecutively. If i do it adds a tail to the line i just did. ?? Am i doing it wrong? This software seems to fat for running. I know i'm  new but geazzz i used to fly with the minimal. Now i'm sifting through crap I'll never use. Sorry for the venting. Many thanks for reading and to all who can help me.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Cadenza
in reply to: lt101

The scale (& text size) of leader notes are controlled by the model s[pace scale set in "Options; AM Standards" Model Scale. Sadly editing the leader used to be easy till 2011 when they made it difficult to simply reposition the arrow head without moving the whole leader.

Am fillet has the option to restore one of the filleted lines built in to the command string (read the command line as you fillet) so rather than filleting a pair of lines then the next pair you need to press enter to by pass the restore option.

I always remap the "f" alias from AM fillet to fillet but now even vanilla autocad fillet has "setup" dialogue box instead of the "radius" setting.

Not sure what your polyline problem is.

Autocad! any one listening???

We pay more for Mechanical why do you make it more difficult to use than vanilla?? See filleting above. Why is there no Ordinate power dimensioning option? The nearest we got is Automatic dimensioning with the ordinate option but try going back to add a new dimension to the sequence!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost