AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer pallet, keyboard commands not working.. very weird

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
p0lish
633 Views, 3 Replies

Layer pallet, keyboard commands not working.. very weird

A designer here was working on a drawing, he will select some objects and use the Mechanical Layer toolbar to switch the layer.  When he goes to select the new layer it instead brings up the Layer Palette, the last command used, and does not switch the layer.

Also, the keyboard commands such as the Delete key, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, etc.. are not working.

This also happens on my machine, but when I put the geometry in a new templete, it works as normal.  A new template did not solve the problem on his machine however.

This one has me completely stumped.. any help?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
p0lish
in reply to: p0lish

Okay, I just had him check his PICKFIRST which was set to 0.  We set it to 1 and everything SEEMS to be working now..

What does the PICKFIRST command actually do?

Message 3 of 4
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: p0lish

Hi,

If PICKFIRST is set to 1, user may select the objects first and then invoke a command to execute.

E.g.. Select any object and pick ERASE or any other modifying command; Result: The object is erased.

Whereas if PICKFIRST is set to 0, user is forced to invoke the command first and then continue selecting the objects to modify

e.g. Command: Erase>>Select objects to erase. Objects are erased.

If the objects are selected first and user invokes Erase or any other command; the previous object selection is lost and user is forced to reselect the object to erase.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 4 of 4
cdq786
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

very useful...thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost