AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer AM_0n

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
grim2020
581 Views, 3 Replies

Layer AM_0n

I'm customising the layers in mechanical to match a clients layer scheme. Everything works fine with one exception. Whenever I place a standard part it creates layer AM_0n. Where is the setting to redirect this? I have changed every layer in the AM:Standards options but this one keeps showing up even though nothing is on it.

Help?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Skyemugen
in reply to: grim2020

Hm, so you want that standard parts use your standard layers like AM_0 instead of AM_0N, right?
Ok, here we go: Options -> AM: Content (I hope it's that called - I'm just translating from german version)[between AM: Drawing and AM: Shaft] -> delete the tick at "Draw standard parts or customized parts at standard part layers" (hope it's something like that in english 😉 in german version this point is under "Draw center line" (/midline?)).

Hope that helped you 😃

greetz, André
Message 3 of 4
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: grim2020

Steps in the attached image can be of some help.
Thanks,
Sridhar
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 4 of 4
nstalker
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

I would like AM_0n to come in as layer 0 instead.  How do I do this?

The reason I would like to do this is that I have added a symbol to the content library that I want to use on multiple layers and I want the color of the symbol to change to be the color of the layer that it is on.  With layer 0 I can do this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost