AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with drawing rectangles

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bowersaw
719 Views, 3 Replies

Issue with drawing rectangles

I have been working on a drawing for some time now and all of a sudden, I am no longer able to change the X and Y coordinates for a rectangle in the same manner as before. Originally, I was able to choose rectangle, click on another feature, such as the corner of another rectangle, and it would visually display the x dimension and y dimension along their corresponding axis. Additionally it does not matter which direction I am drawing the rectangle, I don't have to indicate the direction with a negative number. Now it doesn't look the same. In a brand new drawing, this feature works as expected, something must have changed in the existing drawing I have been working on. I have attached pictures showing both the expected behavior and the current behavior. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steve216586
in reply to: bowersaw

Did the dynamic input get turned off? Check by pressing F-12 or the little box at th bottom of the screen with the plus sign and rectangle.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 4
bowersaw
in reply to: steve216586

The dynamic input is turned on. I messed around with it a little more and discovered this behaviour is happening only on some features in the drawing and not other features. It seems very strange. This drawing was originally a different version of autocad and I used TruView to convert to 2012.

Message 4 of 4
steve216586
in reply to: bowersaw

Ahha. That explains it then. Some items may not convert properly if they have "intelligent" attributes associated with them from another Acad version, such as Arch or Elect. I'm not sure there is a fix. Some have suggested making a block and inserting into a new drawing but I haven't had success with that procedure.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost