AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO standards - link to dimension style

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
steveconnell
2628 Views, 3 Replies

ISO standards - link to dimension style

Hi,

My problem comes when I link settings to dimension style in ISO and also setting colour in ISO when using by layer. Please see attachement for how I configured.

For I can use Weld symbols to use the same settings as my Dimension style and everything is fine until I reopen my drawings. It has lost the settings that I put in, see second attachement.

I do not want to use Mechanical layers and colours which is why Mechical object management is off. However even if I turned AutoCAD Mechanical object management back on I still lose the linking to dimension style option and colour set up.

Any thoughts?

Best regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
michaelsu
in reply to: steveconnell

Hi,

Which version of AutoCAD Mechanical are you using?

Does it happen to only the drawing you mentioned? If so could you please send me the drawing to zhiyuan.su@autodesk.com for further look?

Also, have you tried the same thing on DWT template to change settings and then save template and new drawing based on it?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 4
steveconnell
in reply to: michaelsu

Hi,

I am using AutoCAD Mechanical 2011.

I found out more about the problem. I found that the problem was happening with any drawings that I was saving as AutoCAD Mechanical 6 version. I saved as Mechanical 2005 and it mostly works fine now. The link to to dimension stays.

I changed the DWT file and the changes stayed so it is only when saving as a much lower version that causes the problem.

Message 4 of 4
michaelsu
in reply to: steveconnell

Hi,

AutoCAD Mechanical 6 version doesn't have this option - link to dimension style so that's why it cannot keep it if you save it to AutoCAD Mechanical 6 dwg.

Please save to other AutoCAD Mechanical dwg format or use templates.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost