AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Link - Layer Mapping

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
acad-caveman
957 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Link - Layer Mapping

Gentlemen

Is there a way to change the default layers created by Inventor Link when drawing views are done in Autocad?

As it is I've gotten the process pretty much ironed out.

Create BASE view

Create multiple views from the BASE

AMVIEWOUT the selected views so they are now independent of the model and are fully editable

All in all, it works quite nice and all I'd like to figure out now is how to put the geometry on something other than the default

layers.

As it is, there are 6 new layers are created:

AM-4

AM-7

AM_HID

AM_VIS

AM_PARDIM

AM_VIEWS

The template I use for the import has 3 layers where I'd like the items to be on.

AM_HID to be Layer "Reference"

AM_VIS to be Layer "0"

All others to be Layer "LinkMisc"

Is it possible, and if yes is it done in Inventor or AutoCAD and where?

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cheewec
in reply to: acad-caveman

During drawing views creation, those layers created automatically with default name. There is no way to change this. Workaround for this, you may need to do Layer Translation via command _LAYTRANS, you can save this setting for future used.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
acad-caveman

Thank You!!!

That worked sweet!

Now I just have to figure out how to do it with a single button click, but I believe it is possible.

Have the standard file created, so it should be just a matter of a script and assign it to a button.

Message 4 of 4
herzogh

AutoCAD mechanical manages layers but the mapping and layers may be fully customized. Type AMLAYER in the command line and in the dialog select the button to show/hide layer definitions. Make sure the filter type is set to All or Mechanical. You should see layer definitions (grey text) which have not been created yet. You can rename and modify layer properties. look for AM_VIS and AM_HID which are the default layer names for visible and hidden edges for these views.

Note: you can do this step once in your template files so you can avoid repeating or automating renameing layers.

hope this helps!

Hans Herzog
Autodesk MFG
Product Design
“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”Hans Herzog
Autodesk PDMS
Senior Manager, Experience Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost