AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor dwg in Autocad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
LonesomeJoe
266 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor dwg in Autocad

I've got some AutoCAD dwgs I need HEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!  Smiley Sad with.  I'm using AutoCAD Mechanical R2011, the dwg is actually an Inventor (R2011 or 2010, I'm not sure which) dwg.  It was opened in AutoCAD and saved as an AutoCAD R2004 dwg.  All the entities are Inventor Objects, the dimensions are there, but the geometry appears to be some kinda "xref" or ???  It is visible, but can't be "clicked on".  The drawing has a viewport, which AutoCAD says is invisible and view locked.  I used AM:Drawing to "unsuppress viewport borders" per the "Help" file, but AutoCAD still says the viewport is invisible.  The client wants to manipulate the geometry, and there's a block in the drawing database with the geometry.  I just need to "get rid of" the geometry that's showing now.  Is this geometry in the viewport, if so, how do I either turn it on or delete it.  As I said earlier... HEEELLLPPPPP!!!!!  I've attached the drawing.  Thanx.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi

You can switch to MSPACE to select the block reference and command Bedit>>to edit the block (General_Arrg_11033_Sheet_VIEW2)

OR

Switch to Model Space>>Insert Block "General_Arrg_11033_Sheet_VIEW2" and delete the layout.  You may also explode the block for further editing or edit the block using Bedit command

Hope this helps.  Find attached drawing

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 3

Thanx for the reply, Sridhar.  The problem I have is, the viewport that the geometry is in is "invisible" and "viewlocked", and I can't explode or erase the geometry.  I found a solution, though;  In Paper Space, I enter "erase; all; remove" then window everything that's visible.  This leaves only the invisible viewport selected.  Then, when it's gone, I insert the block containing the geometry and scale it to the proper scale and explode it.  Everything is in Paper Space, which isn't optimal, but this is a "hybrid" AutoCAD/Inventor dwg anyway.  Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost