AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid CUI file for Mechanical 2007

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Vern2480
292 Views, 4 Replies

Invalid CUI file for Mechanical 2007

I have had issues loading the CUI files on a machine that we just installed Mechanical 2007 on. We are not using any custom files, these are all straight from the disk, but each time we enter the CUI command, we get the "The cui file you are attempting to load is invalid" error. I have tried everything to get this to work. I have uninstalled and re-installed it about 5 times now. Everything is OOTB. I have tried it before installing service packs, tried it after installing them, everything I could think of. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michaelsu
in reply to: Vern2480

Hi,

The CUI file is under C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MDT 2007\Acadm for XP system.

I have zipped a CUI file for your reference. Maybe you can try whether the issue is there or not.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 5
Vern2480
in reply to: michaelsu

I am putting the CUI file into C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acadm 2007\Acadm\ and starting autocad. I go to menuload and load it, but when I try to specify it in ._options under main cusomiazation file, the file size changes from 1.8MB to 2KB and it creates a acdm.cui.bak. The menus aren't fully loading, and I really don't understand why.

Message 4 of 5
Vern2480

Ok, here is an update. I finally got the CUI to load using menuload and the size is no loger changing, but the problem is no matter what cui file I tell it to open, it says they are all invalid. I have tried custom ones, the one you sent, ones copied from working machines running ACM 2007 and it says all of them are invalid.

Any ideas?

Message 5 of 5
Vern2480

Anyone?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost