AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting .IGES file into mechanical desktop 5

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
moeayyash2443
985 Views, 3 Replies

Inserting .IGES file into mechanical desktop 5

As I try to insert an .IGES file into Mechanical Desktop 5, there is no longer a dialog box that is usually supposed to pop up so that I can find and select the file I want to insert; now it asks me, down in the command line, to type ".IGES Filename", I'll type the given file name then it asks me down in the command line "Options File", then it says that the .IGES file was not found. I attached two screen shots with a white arrow pointing to what I'm talking about, one of when it asks me to type in the ".IGES Filename" in the command line first, and the second is when it asks "Options File" which leads to the file not being found/ recognized.

This is the first time this has happend to me, usually when I would try to insert an .IGES file the dialog box would pop up so I can search through my directory to find the file. It is as if some setting randomly reset itself.

ANY help would be much appreciated!, as this all pertains to my job, and it is an emergency! 

Thank you for your time.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: moeayyash2443

Try the commands

filedia=1

cmddia=1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your reply.

I tried typing in both commands, and it says "UNKNOWN COMMAND" down in the command line for both "filedia=1" & "cmddia=1".

Do you know of any other methods of allowing the dialog box to appear when attemting to insert an .IGES file?

Any help would be great. 

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: moeayyash2443

the command is filedia

Type filedia and hit Enter key, read command line, set 0 for off or 1 for on.

the command is cmddia

Type cmddia and hit the Enter key, read the command line, set 0 for off or 1 for on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost