AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icopy with frame generator

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jostroopers
375 Views, 1 Reply

Icopy with frame generator

I have made several frames with icopy and that goes very well.

Icopy works with several workplanes and sketches.

Now I thought why not use the frame generator .

This goes well until you put him into your assy as the lengths are not updated and do not stretch the lengths as I would to the placed work points.

I have looked to whether any constraints are the things that block but I can not find constraints in the frame generator .

If I change the sketch in the icopy assy the frame is strechting with it.

Has anyone here experience.

MVG Jos,

Your drawings are only as good as the symbols that complete them ...
Mvg Jos
Youre drawings are as good as the symbols that compleet them.....
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
chazheiber89
in reply to: jostroopers

I have been working with this same technique for my models. first make sure that the ipt skeleton model in your iCopy assembly is set to reference in your BOM structure. Then check your skeleton wireframe sketch for any constraints. you can put driven dimensions but myself, I prefer to get rid of all of it. Your icopy will resize according to your points. When you Author your iCopy, choose points for your four corners then for any intermediate cross section beams, choose the coordinating line geometry. 

It is good practice to try authoring your skeleton model by itself and inserting it into a sample frame to see if any errors occur before you put the extra work into adding frames, notches, ect. 

Let me know if this works for you.

The Chaz

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost