AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't edit ANY of my dimension styles!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
neeboy74
4292 Views, 7 Replies

I can't edit ANY of my dimension styles!

This is a major, major problem!  I am in ACAD Mech 2011, and all of a sudden I can't edit any of my dimension styles!  Here's what's happening:

- I click on "Dimension Style" on the Dimension toolbar

-The "Dimension Style Manager" window opens.

-Then, if I highlight a dimension style, and try to click on "Modify", the top of the window where it says "Dimension Style Manager" turns light in color, and the next window doesn't open!  All I can do at this point is press "Escape" on the keyboard.  This is just plain awful!!! Smiley Mad

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ebpCAD18
in reply to: neeboy74

I have run into the same issue with LT 2013.  I created Templates and the Dim styles have all reset and the text height is no longer modifiable.  Any ideas?

Message 3 of 8
jedpaint31

In Mechanical  2013 I use the panel tiles. I change my dim styles by clicking the annotate tab. Then under power dimension, there is the dimension drop down. The small arrow in the right hand corner pulls up the dim settings menu. From there you can edit the base dimension styles. This seems like a lot of unnecessary steps and I am not sure if there is a quicker way.

The problem I am having is that for whatever reason, half my drawing has alt unit leading zeros and half does not. I have not changed any settings and I have only been using the AM_ISO style with some slight mods to it. I also only use the power dimension button. I have tried to unsuppress the leading zeros, restart autocad, and bam! all dims have the leading zeros. Then re-suppress them, restart again, and ONLY half change... and I want to break my PC. 

This is so frustrating because it is so minute that it shouldn't be taking this much time to figure out.  Nor should it be that hard to make the changes you want in the first place.

The other frustrating thing is at least back in 2008 LT you could change anything that you had problems with by just going to the properties... well these options are locked out in the properties window. How about one place to make all the changes I would ever want to make to dimensions and that's it. Right now I have at least 10 different places to try to make a change to a style.

Message 4 of 8
steve216586
in reply to: ebpCAD18

If you have a text size other than "0" in the "Style" dialog, then the text size in the Dimension Manager will be grayed out.  This is not abnormal behavior.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 5 of 8
ebpCAD18

I discovered that was the issue this morning.  I just hadn't had time to reply, but thanks.

Message 6 of 8
steve216586
in reply to: jedpaint31

Try to "QSelect" the current dimension style.  Does that select all dimensions?  If not, then there are two or more different Dimstyles in your drawing.  I'm betting this is the case and that is why half don't suppress the leading zeros.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 7 of 8
jedpaint31
in reply to: steve216586

Yes, QSELECT highlighted all. I tried that and it only changes the ones already suppressed. When i have the Properties window open under Misc, Dim style it shows AM_ISO$0 regardless if i have suppressed / unsuppressed highlighted.

It is strange that any new dims I add will not suppress. If I "apply to" from an old dim to a new one they will change but then I will have to do that for every dimension that I add to this .dwg from now on.

Message 8 of 8
3ddrafter
in reply to: steve216586

Thank you so much. This was a huge help to a very frustrating problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost