AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP LaserJet 5200 Printing Problems

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
laura.heatwole
4249 Views, 21 Replies

HP LaserJet 5200 Printing Problems

We have been using an HP LaserJet 5200 for years. We recently upgraded to Vista x64 machines and Inventor Suite 2009 x64. The printer drivers have been updated to Vista x64. We are now having program crashes when trying to print an 11x17 to the HP printer. It only crashes when using AutoCAD and DWG True View. We have no problems printing 11x17 from Inventor, Design Review or any other program. I have ran this through an Autodesk Support Request with no luck.

Anyone have any ideas of what to try to fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, LMH
Laura Heatwole
Engineering Information Systems
Watson Drill Rigs

Vault Pro 2013, PDSU 2013, Win7 x64
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
john.barge
in reply to: mmanning

We found this same problem with a Laserjet 5100. It was already configured with the "Standard TCP/IP" port. We changed the printer driver to the “HP Universal Printing PCL 5” and that stopped the crashing.
Message 22 of 22
DanSingleton
in reply to: NWBS

@NWBS wrote:

This is what I did. This solution does work for the most part, however, the printer still asks you to pick a tray every time. So you must walk to the printer and hit the button twice to select the 11x17 tray for every print job. I havn't had any luck making the custom a default for tray 3 on the printer thus far. It is a pain for our small department but not enough to throw the printer out the window.

I just wish that HP or Autodesk would fix this problem. It has been out there a very long time. At this point I doubt it will. Annoying to say the least.

Old thread but we just came across this issue as a result of some server upgrades and couldn't figure it out.

We fixed it by reinstalling the printer on the server (running Windows Server 2012). We installed it as a standard TCP/IP printer port. When asked for the driver, click the button to select your own driver, then click the windows update button to allow it to go out and get drivers for it. When it comes back select the HP LaserJet 5200 Series PCL 5 version (not the version 6). Note: There's two PCL 5 versions; Windows or HP. Either works but we stuck with the Windows one because we figured MS is probably maintaining their driver while HP has most likely abandoned it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost