AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can see list of hotfixes installed?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JoseLuisCam
2200 Views, 4 Replies

We have workstations with AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 version 16.0.203.0 and version 16.0.49.0 but I cannot see what's the difference between versions, I have workstations with different hotfixes I think.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: JoseLuisCam

When you go to the Help Drop-down (Top Right) and select "About" you will see the different hotfixes and service packs

Please see the attachment

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5
JoseLuisCam
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Hello JoAnn.

We know the "About" form but this is not show the difference between same products. For example, I have attached an image with same version and SP2 in about config but diferent number version in Windows - "Programs and Features", and I don't know what's the difference.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: JoseLuisCam

Installed service packs are usually available in the Control Panel, and by looking at the version number in "About".  Hotfixes usually involve manual replacement of EXE and/or DLL files, so you may not be able to tell directly if any given hotfix has been applied.  The only way you can tell is to follow the instructions for any given hotfix, inspecting the files to be replaced and comparing the version or contents with the hotfix-supplied file(s).

The best way to get around this problem is to standardize which hotfixes will and will not be applied, as well as document the steps taken to install and upgrade each computer.  With every computer treated the same, you only need to consult the documentation instead of individually inspecting each computer (we've got a couple hundred.  3 guesses why I manage our software this way...).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
JoseLuisCam
in reply to: dgorsman

I totally agree.

Now, I'm trying to determine what belongs hot-fix and I can not find the difference. It's very difficult to determine anything out of homogeneity. Autodesk doesn't document the different versions and its changes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost