AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find AutoCAD 3D manual tutorial?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
insanoff
1343 Views, 3 Replies

How can I find AutoCAD 3D manual tutorial?

I want to create something like shown below, including e.g. hex and u-bolts etc. Where can I find a good tutorial for Autocad?

image.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
acwtzwegers
in reply to: insanoff

I wouldn't know a tutorial, but look up, in help/google, the following commands in this order:

pedit (polyline)
region
extrude
subtract
union
solidedit

Additionally make sure you have the viewcube visible at all times (and know how to use it) and learn about different visual styles.

That should about get you trough that drawing with 2d skills.
Message 3 of 4
insanoff
in reply to: acwtzwegers

I can create quite complex drawings in 3D, but I have no idea about drawing standarts. I mean, is there any tutorial that explains how to create instruction manual? And how should I document completed drawing as a CAD project?

Actually it's not about only AutoCAD, it's about general drawing rules.

Message 4 of 4
acwtzwegers
in reply to: insanoff

Heh... ok... in that case it is mostly what you make of it.

Technically, Mechanically, there are no real standards (ISO, ANSI) in how a 3D representation should look (as far as i know).

Solid editors generally have drawing files etc to let you make 2D representations of your 3D models. Inventor and SolidWorks both have add-ons to make "building manuals" and such.

In AutoCAD you can do that using paperspace and viewports. Annotate in paper and use a proper visual style.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost