AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holechart suddenly changes into blockreference

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
222 Views, 6 Replies

Holechart suddenly changes into blockreference

Hello, I don't know after which command or what action it happens (could even be after a save)...,but my holechart changed in a blockreference...not being able to edit the holechart with the hole-chart-editor. I wish i knew what i could do to prevent it, because going back to a backup drawing or even placing the hole-chart in all over again just takes up to much time to be honest. Anyone familiair with this problem? Regards, -- Program Version: AutoCAD(R) Mechanical 2004 DX SP2 O/S: Win2K SP4
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is your default save format set to an older release? -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Yes, it was set to 2000. But i was saving the drawing in 2004, even though it was set for 2000. Its a 2004 drawing when it's saved when i check afterwards. What effect does the standard save to filetype have on the Holechart then? Regards, SBuurma
Message 4 of 7
nilanjan

The "standard save" should not affect the holechart.

How were you doing the save? I assume you did a "saveas". Which version did you use?

Could you also tell us why the default save was set to 2000? I assume there are other users (internal/external) who are using older releases or AutoCAD?

-Nilanjan (Autodesk)
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

-- Program Version: AutoCAD(R) Mechanical 2004 DX SP2 O/S: Win2K SP4 -- We're currently making our step from Acad2000M to Acad2004M, thats the only reason why. So i encounter problems trying to make the step. The drawing for this question was saved in the following way. Setting was standard save as 2000 drawing, but i saved it as 2004 and did not set it to 2000 manually which is needed to get a 2000 save. So generally the drawing is saved as 2004. But i couldn't quite make up how the holechart changed into blockreference...all i know is that the drawing was still open when it changed...so only a autmatic save could have caused it, if it were dependand of the save. But it also might have been during the insertion of a block or a copy/paste or the insertion of a bolt connection....thats the hard part. I can't trace on what point it went wrong. So it might be useful to send both working and not working file...only problem is...its kinda confidential so i won't post it here on this newsgroup. Any other way to get the drawing at your place Nilanjan? Regards, SBuurma "nilanjan" schreef in bericht news:23401112.1102395606000.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > The "standard save" should not affect the holechart. > > How were you doing the save? I assume you did a "saveas". Which version did you use? > > Could you also tell us why the default save was set to 2000? I assume there are other users (internal/external) who are using older releases or AutoCAD? > > -Nilanjan (Autodesk)
Message 6 of 7
nilanjan

This can get a bit tricky. Is it possible that you did a Ctrl-S unknowingly. If you did, the holechart would get saved as a block and saveas after that would not change it back.

Automatic save won't do this. I also don't think the other operations would do this.

Unfortunately, looking at the file won't help. I would need some steps to reproduce the problem.

-Nilanjan (Autodesk)
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Well i found out that one of my previous problems is also caused by this problem... When this sudden change occurs (i refer to it as sudden, because i can't place when it happens), the visibility enhancements don't work anymore (http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=369386) The color of the visibility enhancement is then changed to: BYBLOCK. Another thing i found: the symbols such as leaders, surface texture etc, also get changed into a block reference. I've been trying to work with 2004 version only but still it happend, so i wish i knew how to show u how. "nilanjan" schreef in bericht news:21681322.1102491631307.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > This can get a bit tricky. Is it possible that you did a Ctrl-S unknowingly. If you did, the holechart would get saved as a block and saveas after that would not change it back. > > Automatic save won't do this. I also don't think the other operations would do this. > > Unfortunately, looking at the file won't help. I would need some steps to reproduce the problem. > > -Nilanjan (Autodesk)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost