AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help editing "Mechanical" weld symbols in Autocad

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
StevekBenko
1012 Views, 5 Replies

Help editing "Mechanical" weld symbols in Autocad

How can I edit weld symbols in Autocad that have been created with Autodesk Mechanical?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jon.Dean
in reply to: StevekBenko

You should avoid editing Mechanical drawings in vanilla AutoCAD, you can corrupt the drawing.

This is not in all cases but it has happened and you need to be aware of it.

Jon

Jon Dean

Message 3 of 6

I would suggest, using their setup as a base for creating your own.  Then you can add ATTDEF to it, also line lengths (%%U-%%U) among other things.  Also, you can check exterior sites that support autocad for decent blocks you can insert, edit then save as you need it.

Message 4 of 6
StevekBenko

At this point it sounds like my best bet is to use a dynamic block with attributes. Thank you guys for the help!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

To assist you in this problem we have come to this conclusion. Once we are completed an AutoCAD Mechanical drawing, we must save it off as a 2008 file. Any item created in AutoCAD Mechanical will be made into a block when it has been saved off the generic AutoCAD. We use the BEDIT command to make any changes needed in the generic file.

Hope that answers your question.

PS: We have never had an essue of a corrupted drawing in this process for over three years.

Ken Wood

Senior Designer, CAD Coordinator

ITT Exelis

Message 6 of 6
StevekBenko

Thanks, I will try that method next time.

SB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost