AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILLET command

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
scott9192
2085 Views, 3 Replies

FILLET command

I was recently upgraded to AutoCAD 2014 and I cannot stand how the FILLET command now operates.  Is there a way to make the fillet command operate like it has in every prior version of AutoCAD with which I've worked?  I find having to set the redius through a Setup dialog box to be very annoying and not very user-friendly.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: scott9192

Nothing changed in recent versions: and there is no dialog box in the core AutoCAD command: how far back where you? And what exact command are you launching now?
Message 3 of 4
jsmanrique
in reply to: pendean

I hear ya Scott, I'm used to typing in "fillet" R for Radius, but that doesn't work coz its not R anymore its S for setup.. lol but theres always a work around it.. My Programing skills isn't that great but some guy that used to work for use had some lisp so if I type in ff, it does Fillet Radius 0 so that's good for me..anyway, let me know if you want the code i'll try and find it.

Cheers,
Joel
Message 4 of 4
scott9192
in reply to: jsmanrique

I've had this problem before, when I received an upgrade in AutoCAD Mechanical in the past, so I knew there was a simple way to fix this issue.  What I did was modify the acad.pgp file so that when I type "F" for the fillet command, AutoCAD Mechanical invoked the fillet command, not the AMFILLET2D command that AutoCAD Mechanical points to as a default for the "F" keyboard shortcut.  Open the acad.pgp file and scroll down to the bottom where the "User Defined Command Aliases" are located and make the change in this section.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost