AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal errors while using power dimension

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
BL_Vidimos
577 Views, 8 Replies

fatal errors while using power dimension

I am having a problem getting fatal errors while using power dimension. Violation Reading 0x0021 at c8e7d0dfh was my last one. It started off only getting them once in a while, now when it happens it usually happens twice a day. It happens randomly on any drawing. I feel like it happens more often on larger drawing files.

I just had another fatal error. 3rd time today. violation reading 0x0021 at c8f8d0dfh.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
BL_Vidimos
in reply to: BL_Vidimos

Btw I just upgraded to 2013 not too long ago. I believe that is when i started getting the fatal errors.

Message 3 of 9
johnq

Hi

While I cant offer direct help, it might be cumforting to know that this sort of problem has been mentioned on the AutoCAD forum.

Fatal Errors seem to occur on AutoCAD.  I am a serious user on AutoCAD Electrical 2012 and it creates Fatal errors and commands not working often.

What I need to do is monitor the memory usage  and disk usage.  If the dark blue band becomes too full I close all drawings and re boot.  If there is a lot of disk activity from SOPHOS virus programme then I halt my CAD work.

When SOPHOS fills the all the light blue with dark blue it is time to re boot.  ACE will not work.

This is what happens on AutoCAD Electrical 2012

My story may be of no help, may just something to think about.

Cheer  John Quigley

Message 4 of 9
BL_Vidimos
in reply to: johnq

Thanks for the input. Anything will help. I'll make sure that I check that out.

Message 5 of 9
michaelsu

Hello, 

Have you updated to the service pack 1 of AutoCAD Mechanical 2013? Please do so if you haven't.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20546317&linkID=9240898

If you are still hitting the crash issue afterwards, please send the report by filling in your email address and steps to reproduce. This would help us to locate and fix the issue.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 6 of 9
BL_Vidimos
in reply to: michaelsu

I already updated awhile back and have been sending the error reports in. I must have sent in at least 20 of them by now. The crash seems to always happen while using power dimension and when the drawing I am working on is pretty large.

Message 7 of 9
michaelsu

Thanks for the information.

I tried the drawing you shared but was not able to see the issue. Can you please share more detail about the issue? Does it crash on dimensioning on some certain objects?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 8 of 9
BL_Vidimos

Hey sorry it took so long to respond. I didn't notice that you posted. I'm starting to feel like it has something to do with the file size of the drawings because it only happens when I have a very large dwg. The size of the dwg that keeps having fatal errors now is almost 600 KB, where as most of my other dwg's are around 100 KB or less. This is what I'm working with which I don't think is bad.

Rating:                                         7.1 Windows Experience Index

Processor:                                   Intel Core i7-2600 cpu @ 3.40GHz  3.40GHz

Installed memory (RAM):             16.0 GB

System type:                                64-bit Operating System

Windows 7 Professional w/ Service Pack 1

AMD FirePro V4900 (ATI FireGL)

Message 9 of 9
BL_Vidimos

I am also usually running Autodesk Inventor 2013 when it happens. Not sure if it has anything to do with it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost