AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
daman.gujral
493 Views, 5 Replies

FATAL ERROR

I have installed Autodesk Inventor Professional Suite 2010 on Windows 7 64 bit machine. Inventor is running properly but I do get message FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x40f2d180 Exception at 31f365bdh when I draw a line in model space and select the line.

Can anyone give me some solution on how to fix this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
michaelsu
in reply to: daman.gujral

Hi,

Did you patch the latest service patch for your product? Also, did you fill in the report dialog with your email and steps?

AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 Update 2 is here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15135668&linkID=9240898

If it's constantly reproducible, can you please send your drawing and reproducible steps to zhiyuan.su@autodesk.com?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 6
daman.gujral
in reply to: michaelsu

There is no particular drawing. When we launch AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD Electrical it opens a new drawing by default   which is named as Drawing 1. Select Line command and draw a line. Press escape to finish command and when we drag cursor from right to left to select everything in the window it shows the grips of the object selected and in next 1 or 2 seconds a window pops up which is for sending a report to Autodesk.

Message 4 of 6
michaelsu

Did you send your report and fill in your email address? Can you let me know your email address so I can search it in the report list?

Also, I tried your steps after launch AutoCAD and AutoCAD Mechanical but could not see the crash. If you just launch one product, do you see the issue? Can you persistently reproduce this issue?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 6
daman.gujral

I have submitted the error report with damandeep.gujral@normet.fi.

Does not make any difference if you have opened just one or all  three Autocad, Autocad mechanical and autocad electrical.

Message 6 of 6
michaelsu

Hi

I have searched the report and found it's not a general issue. Does it happen to other machines? Can you try to re-install the product and see whether the issue goes away?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost