AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bedavis
7143 Views, 7 Replies

Fatal Error

I am running Inventor 11 and Mechanical Desktop/AutoCad 2007.  I had to have a new hard drive installed.  After reinstalling all the Cad software, Inventor runs, but MDT/AutoCad will not start.  Upon startup I get FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0xba2e8714 Exception at 693f688bh.  I have tried repair and reinstall, including cleaning the registry after uninstall.  I have given maximum permission to writing to registry and to all AutoDesk software.

My next step is to reformat hard drive and install AutoDesk software after operating system is installed, before I install any other software, but would prefer a fix if anyone can help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mtrhd
in reply to: bedavis

Issue

When you attempted to access items on the File menu, the following error message was displayed and the program stopped responding:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 7c812a5bh

The error may look similar to the following image:

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/images/error_message.gif

Solution

This error will occur if an incorrect version of a Microsoft DLL file MFC80U.DLL exists on the computer. To resolve this error, use one of the following methods:

Method 1 - Find and replace the incorrect version of the DLL file:

1.     Search all local drives for the file MFC80U.DLL.

2.     Check the version of each such file found by right-clicking the file and clicking Properties

3.     If any of the files have a version number of 8.00.50727.363, do the following:

o    Click Start menu (Windows) > Run.

o    In the Run dialog box, copy and paste the following command into the Open box:

MsiExec.exe /X{A49F249F-0C91-497F-86DF-B2585E8E76B7}

o    Click OK.

4.     Start AutoCAD.

If you receive an error message during startup, you will need to reinstall the correct version of this DLL file directly from Microsoft. Visit the following link and follow the instructions to install the correct version of the MFC80U.DLL file:

HYPERLINK "http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displa..."Install correct version of MFC80U.DLL

Method 2 - Disable the Most Recently Used Files list:

1.     Start AutoCAD.

2.     Click Tools menu > Options.

3.     On the Open and Save tab, set the value of the Number of Most Recently Used Files to 0.

4.     Verify that you can access the File menu without receiving an error.

_____  

Message 3 of 8
bedavis
in reply to: mtrhd

Thanks for suggestion.  I found three MFC80U.DLL files, but none had the .363 extension.  Two had a .42 extension and  one had a .762 extension.  I went to the suggested link and downloaded a vcdist_x86.exe fix, but AutoCad still crashes with same fatal error upon startup.

Message 4 of 8
manikandaprabhuc

Hi,

please make a .net clean install by the below utility,

http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog_Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip#resId/2...!390

the install the .net framework from your installation media or download.

Regards
Prabhu.C
Engineer-Tech.Support
KKM Soft
Autodesk Authorized Reseller
India
Message 5 of 8
bedavis
in reply to: manikandaprabhuc

The .NET cleanup did not help.  I do not get any installation errors, but I think that the software crash happens before all files are loaded or extracted on the first startup after installation, so I am not sure I ever get a full install.

Any other help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
cmiller66

Hi there,

I think this crash is display/driver related.  From the error report you sent in it looks like this is a problem caused by an old driver for your ATI card.  If you can confirm the card/driver version you're using that would help verify that this is indeed the issue.

You can also go to this site: http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard , select Supported, recommended and then filter for your OS, card model, etc. (in your case select AutoCAD 2009 since the web page doesn't go back to 2007). 

Once you verify that the supported driver is indeed newer than the one you currently have installed, you can click the little blue down arrow to download the driver from the site. 

Thanks,

Chris Miller

AutoCAD Test Development

Message 7 of 8
bedavis
in reply to: cmiller66

Thanks for the help.  I had completed a complete uninstall of Inventor and MDT/AutoCad.  I updated my video drivers as suggested and reinstalled all the software.  Inventor and AutoCad are both running fine.

Message 8 of 8

I am having similar problems. When I insert an ole object or insert an image I get fatal

Fatal error: unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x0014 at 7732fc77h

The 0x0014 stays the same but the number after changes.

This is also now happening when I try to plot to pdf files.

I am hoping someone might have some information.

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost